Preparing Your Technology
1. Make sure your systems requirements are up-to-date
- Devices: desktop computers, laptops, chromebooks, most tablets, ipads and netbooks.There is no need to install special requirements like Flash, Java or installed software.
- Browser: most recent versions of Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Stable internet connection: There is no minimum bandwidth requirement for Student Success, however, if you experience problems with slowness, loading, etc. the first thing to check is the stability and speed of your internet connection.
2. Add domains to the Allow List in your district’s email filter and test that you are receiving emails correctly
To ensure that important email messages are not caught in your district’s email filters, please add the following domain names to the Allow List in your district’s email system:
If your email system can only allow senders by IP address, please contact email@example.com
3. Add EdPortal and Panorama to the Allow List in your district’s Internet security systems, including web filtering systems, firewall applications, and throttling software.
To ensure users are able to access the Student Success platform via the Iowa Education Portal, please add the following domain names to the Allow List in your district’s firewall, web filtering software, and any other systems that your district uses to control access to the Internet:
Download this technology checklist to learn how to make sure that your school is ready to use Iowa's Student Success.