Rostering for myIGDIs
Supporting Data Display for myIGDIs in Student Success
This checklist is intended for district contacts for myIGDIs; if you are a building or community partner administrator or classroom teacher, please share this checklist with your district contact.
This checklist may be used to support:
- Returning users
- First time users of myIGDIs
The checklist will support setup for a new school year (or edits during the school year). State District ID, State Building ID, and State Student ID are required to build your roster in the myIGDIs data system in order to display myIGDIs data in Student Success. Entering information differently than the guidelines presented is likely to result in no data to display in Student Success.
IMPORTANT: Do not delete or edit anything in the myIGDIs data system to support fall rostering until August 15.
myIGDIs Rostering Fields
myIGDIs Rostering Fields
|| State District ID
- 4 digits, including leading/trailing 0’s
- If you build your rosters in Excel, it may “helpfully'' take out a leading zero. Make sure to format the cells so the leading zeros are intact for appropriate roster build
- Make sure your State District ID field does not have “invisible” spaces before or after the number.
- District directory look-up.
- Do not use placeholders or fake numbers.
| Returning users: State District ID will rollover for districts that used myIGDIs in the previous year.
New users: Ensure the State District ID is entered for each building set up in the myIGDIs data system.
|State Building ID
- Note: Each building, including community partners, should be set up as separate schools in the myIGDIs system, under the district.
- Do not use placeholders or fake numbers for State Building ID.
- State Building IDs are 4 digits, including leading/trailing 0’s (e.g., 0017 or 2100)
- If you build your rosters in Excel, it may “helpfully” take out a leading zero. Make sure those stay for appropriate roster build
- Make sure the State Building ID field does not have “invisible” spaces before or after the number
- Building directory look-up.
- Preschool community partner building numbers are located in the district’s view in the School Information Update application and also here.
- In some cases, community partners may administer myIGDIs to learners when districts do not; or vice versa. It is preferred (best practice) that partners and districts both administer myIGDIs, but it is not required. Districts are still responsible for setting up rosters for partners even if they are not administering myIGDIs for district learners.
| Returning users: State Building ID will rollover for districts that used myIGDIs in the previous year. Consider whether additional seats will be needed.*
New users: Ensure an accurate State Building ID is entered for each building/community partner set up in the myIGDIs data system.
- Classrooms include all the students receiving instruction from a single teacher.
- Do not create separate classrooms for AM/PM sessions (or a similar split schedule). This will create access issues for the teacher. Instead, create a single classroom for both sessions, and create groups from that (see Group Setup section below).
- Go to “Classrooms” on the left hand side to create classrooms, ensuring each classroom is assigned to the correct school.
- Note: Classrooms must be setup before using the Bulk Import (see Student Setup section).
| Returning users: If the teacher has changed, do not create a new classroom. Edit the existing classroom name.
Example: Mrs. Jones AM/PM may be edited to Mr. Smith AM/PM. Delete classrooms if they no longer exist.
Consider whether additional seats will be needed.*
- There are three different levels of users: District Admin, School Admin, or Classroom Admin.
- If you select School Admin, assign the new user to a School from the drop-down provided. If you select Classroom Admin, assign the new user to a School & Classroom from the drop-downs provided.
- When a district or school administrator sets up a classroom administrator, they (the classroom administrator) will receive a time sensitive email (check spam/junk mailbox) and must follow the instructions to create a password for myIGDIs login. If the password isn't set within 24-48 hours of the email, there will need to be a reset.
- An email can only be used once as a user login.
- If a teacher has classrooms across buildings, they will need more than one email/login.
- Note: A district administrator or school administrator must set up classroom administrators (teachers) before students can be added to a classroom.
| Returning users: Delete users that are no longer at the site. Existing users will roll forward. Add new users.
|| Student Setup
- Students may be set up manually by entering each student. Ensure that each student is assigned to the appropriate school and classroom, based on enrollment in the local student information system (see below for tips on State Student ID); OR
- Students can be added using Bulk Import. The Bulk Import for Iowa includes the required fields of State District ID, State Building ID, and State Student ID. Begin by navigating to the Classroom that you want to add students to in the myIGDIs Data System. The bulk import process will need to be repeated for each classroom.
Note: Do not assess individual learners twice.
|| State Student ID
- For first time enrollments in preschool, request a State Student ID (SSID) through the Iowa Education Portal.
- For students with an existing SSID, use the student locator application in Iowa Education Portal.
- Each SSID is unique.
- 10 digits (no letters, symbols, punctuation, or leading 0’s)
- No SSID means no data in Student Success
- Do not use a placeholder/temporary number
- A wrong ID will result in lost data. If you use a temporary number and it belongs to someone else in the state (past or present), the data will go “there” and be lost.
|| Group Setup
- If a teacher has AM and PM sessions (or a similar split schedule), these should be setup as groups and not classrooms.
- From a class, students can be assigned to groups. See more details on how to create groups here.
- Note: Rolling over groups would not be helpful, since students from a class are assigned to groups, and most students will not return.
*To add seats, contact Heather Miller ( Heather.Miller@Renaissance.com). For troubleshooting rosters in the myIGDIs data system, contact myIGDIs support Myigdisemail@example.com. Do NOT include student specific data in an email to myIGDIs support. If additional information is needed, instructions for secure communication will be provided.
Additional Resources for Rostering students in myIGDIs will be available through myIGDIs professional learning opportunities.