6/2/2022 - ELI and MTSS updates
Things tend to slow down for the summer, for which we are all thankful. Please take time to rest up and take care of yourself and those around you. Members of the Iowa DE team will be available throughout the summer to work on preparations for the new school year. Contact us via the appropriate ticket system if you have questions or issues. Watch for MTSS emails from this address with any updates. Have any new staff who need to sign up here for this email list.
Assessment Review for ELI
There is a new review and list of approved assessments for ELI, posted here. Any changes in default assessment selections will need to be reported in the default assessment report in CASA in August. Please confer as a district leadership team to ensure a coherent assessment plan for the district.
FastBridge & Student Success
- IMPORTANT for Iowa FAST users - select a rollover date but do not follow any other directions for rollover shared by FastBridge/Illuminate - Follow these instructions instead. All you need to do is select your rollover date by 6/10/22 for FAST (info on the main FAST page), and make sure to switch your SIS to send 22-23 data in July or early August. Rosters, screening windows, and assessments will all be set up for you in the FAST system.
- Make sure to update intervention outcomes in Student Success and spend some time looking at intervention effectiveness data in the next few weeks. Once Student Success rolls over to the new year the intervention effectiveness reports will reset and no longer represent 21-22 intervention effectiveness data.
- Planning to monitor student progress during summer school? See: Summer School in Fastbridge and Student Success for important information.
- Bookmark the new system status page. We will update it if there is an outage.
- Local users responsible for setup should attend one of the early August myIGDIs rostering opportunities. This will reduce the necessity for later adjustments in the myIGDIs data system and ensure data integration/display in Student Success.Reminder: Do not make edits in the myIGDIs system for the 2022-2023 year until August 15. See also Rostering for myIGDIs.
- Local myIGDIs contacts should watch for an email (double-check your spam folder) in mid to late July with information about upgrading the myIGDIs iPad application for the 2022-23 school year.
- End of year myIGDIs early literacy screening data for the state showed increases in most areas, including phonological awareness. Evaluate local data using the myIGDIs data system or Panorama Student Success.