8/25/2022 - FAST and MTSS updates
We have a few important updates about the FastBridge system.
- The "opt in" for the new PM setup interface in FastBridge is not currently accessible for Iowa schools. FastBridge is working on a method for district managers to request the opt in and we will communicate when this is available. See: Iowa News! for more information.
- Do not wait to set up your PM. Go ahead and set up PM using the current PM setup interface, even if your district intends to opt in for using the new interface when available. The PM plans will function exactly, only the look of the screens used to set up the PM changes with the new interface.See: What Next? Setting up PM and Interventions
- Remember:Student Success is where interventions need to be entered for state reporting, healthy indicators, and ELI. You can skip the intervention part of the PM setup in FastBridge and log interventions directly in Student Success. See the link above for more information.
- FastBridge’s Word Segmentation Certification #2 has an error in the scoring. Use the first certification and the practice tests for now. Please make sure all of your staff who might be certifying on this test are aware and skip certification #2.
- The screening window opens Monday.Please pace yourselvesand understand that there could be issues that interfere with rosters, especially early in the year. See: Iowa: Planning for the screening window
- Seeing ‘extra’ studentsin the system? Ensure they have been exited in your district SIS and they should resolve within a couple of weeks. Please don't ask us to remove extra students now. Visit Iowa Resources - Rosters and Student Data
- New staff using FastBridge this year? Please share FastBridge for Iowa: A newbie (& veteran) guide to system and process differences for Iowa with them to help avoid confusion when using FastBridge.
- Bookmark the System Status page to check for known system outages. Check there first if you encounter a problem with one of the data systems.
Have a question or problem with EdPortal, FastBridge, or Student Success? See:Need help? Here’s where to find it
Forward this message to your new colleagues and make sure they sign up for future messages.